It’s been awhile.
I haven’t blogged in months, but it’s for a good reason: I’ve been really, really busy. This year I’ve built a few really cool projects – everything from a large React/Redux project to those solid handy-dandy WordPress websites. Possibly even more exciting is Corey (my business partner) and I have decided that Craftpeak was going to focus into a niche for new projects moving forward – we’re building our company around providing digital services for premier Craft Beer brands. We’re building a SaaS on top of WordPress (using multisite, the Roots.io tools, and lots of other goodies) where we will be continuing to do custom sites for breweries that make great beer and are looking to grow. So far, our clients are some of the most amazing breweries in the USA and some of the most wonderful of people. It was a great idea, but maybe I’ll talk more about that later.
I love solo travel.
Earlier this year, I took a solo trip to London for FeelingRESTful (a WordPress REST API Conference), and also stopped in Prague for a little bit. It was then I realized I need to make a solo travel trip at least once a year. It’s liberating being able to travel and work with just a backpack with some clothes and a laptop in it. So I started planing some things out to go back to London (at least) for longer, and it became a whole thing. I ended up being able to line work and everything up to pull this whole thing off for almost an entire month. That said, Lewis, my BFF, will be joining me the last 10 days of the trip.
Where am I going?
- Reykjavik, Iceland. Why? WOW Air runs out of Reykjavik and I’ve heard it’s amazing there. Plus, lodging ended up being cheaper than London, and their craft beer scene is booming. Sounded like a win-win to me.
Edinburgh, Scotland. If I can get there, I’ve got some friends of friends to stay with and I’ve heard it’s one of the oldest drinking towns EVER. Plus, I wanted to go last time I was in London but didn’t get the chance.
- Update: Lisbon, Portugal. I couldn’t stay in Scotland anymore and figured why not try something other than just doing London for a few weeks… So I asked some friends about some more affordable places to travel and did some research and I guess now I’m going to Lisbon.
- London, England. Possibly my favorite place on earth. There’s just something about it…
- Berlin, Germany. Lewis has always wanted to go to Germany, and I’ve always felt the draw.
I’m going to try to write at least once a day. I’m going to at least hold myself to the following metrics each day:
- Lines of code written: approx., but I can get a lot of this info from my GitHub commits
- Miles walked: my Pebble Time Round makes this an easy one to pull off
- Beers drank: part of this whole trip is to experience craft (and classic) beers from all over the world. It helps me stay inspired for this platform we’re building, and learn more about the intricacies of beer.
Check out my instagram for more random/frequent photo posts.